Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Topsy What-y

Opa gave us some tomato seedlings. I think the whole upside down tomato planter "as seen on TV" is pretty cool, but it looks cheap. So I followed the family motto: why pay for it, when you can build it. I had a 4x4 and some 2x10 laying around, so for the price of the hanging pots and the metal hangers, I have my upside-down tomato plants. I drilled holes in the bottom of the pots and me and J put the plants through the holes. A little newspaper to hold the soil in. Some potting soil. And I even planted some basil and such on top of the pots. Mel says it looks very "HGTV". I think I want to add a cap on top of the post for asthetics. or a rooster wind vane...
We'll see in about 2 months whether gravity defying tomatos are really all the commercials make them out to be.


Sorry for the crude pic... it's dark out- but you get the idea

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Mel. It does look very HGTV. A post-topper of some sort would add to the effect even more. Very cool idea. And yours is better because you can grow plants two ways instead of one.

    ReplyDelete

If you want us to know your opinion, go ahead!